The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally cured my strats bridge from breaking E,D strings using a dremmel to bevel the edge of the holes where the string comes through under the saddles(great trick, thx internet)....now my problem is that the high E is unraveling at the ballend grrrrr.

I am using D'dArrios and they are IMO pretty much the best out there in strengh. I like doing extreme bends but on 25.5 scale guitars with trem the strings i'm using cant hack it for more than 2 weeks of playing before the E un-twists at the ball end. Very frustrating:mad:

·
Registered
34 Posts
This'll be pretty obvious, but I'd suggest you try as many different brands as you can until you find one that works best (least worst?) for you.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
maybe I got a bad batch...a G string unraveled on me today, not liking my strat these days....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lovin' mine today

cheap bastard squier that it is. just broke the G at the bridge, twisted another thingy on the end, popped it back into the guitar and it works like crazy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
One trick I was told, once, was to put some solder on the windings/ball-end. I was told to do this for a Kahler, but I would expect the principle to hold for a Strat bridge, as well.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm happy with my...

...made in indonesia somewhere strat. Everything is fantastic on it. The pick ups are okay. Everything is straight, seems level. All it really needs is a decent nut and locking tuners. Pots sometime, not urgent.

·
Registered
181 Posts
One time one of my strings was not properly put on the ball end and the ball end fell off. Ofcourse I was too lazy to go get a new string so I fixed it myself. I did a crappy job but surprisingly the string stayed in tune well. Had another time where the string snapped a bit passed the ball end right after the heavy windings. Once again I was too lazy to go get a new string so I did a crappy job and it held up.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bubkusjones said:
One trick I was told, once, was to put some solder on the windings/ball-end. I was told to do this for a Kahler, but I would expect the principle to hold for a Strat bridge, as well.
great tip I'll try that if it starts to slip again:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
SCREEM said:
I have finally cured my strats bridge from breaking E,D strings using a dremmel to bevel the edge of the holes where the string comes through under the saddles(great trick, thx internet)....
...it amazes me that they don't do this at the factory.

-dh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts