The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
yep its gonna sound a little bit different. you know something else? when I wear longer laces, my shoes feel slightly heavier

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
^^Hey man, we don't need any sarcasm.:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I would think that would be due to different material in the pickguard. I could see a wooden pickguard making a change, but I've changed a few out on my strats and tele and never really noticed any difference. Then again I wasn't paying attention to that detail. Harder plastics could make a difference, the surfaces ability to bounce back sound at you...

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
Xanadu said:
^^Hey man, we don't need any sarcasm.:food-smiley-004:
...i think he was just trying to coax a grin. many of us do get quite carried away with the concept of "tone". i'm sure you've heard the stories of eric johnson using specific batteries in his stomp boxes etc. nothing wrong with any of that, of course. doesn't hurt to laugh at ourselves occasionally, though.

-dh

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
PaulS said:
I would think that would be due to different material in the pickguard. I could see a wooden pickguard making a change, but I've changed a few out on my strats and tele and never really noticed any difference. Then again I wasn't paying attention to that detail. Harder plastics could make a difference, the surfaces ability to bounce back sound at you...
actually I was thinking of getting an aluminum pickguard like the ones on the '80's strat+'s ....IMO its the sum of the parts that make the tone however little the differences are. I play my electrics unplugged alot when just noodling and every strat i have tried has had a different tone unplugged, to some the difference may be small but they sound very different to me. Funny how once you back off the mega distortion you start to actually notice tone....DOH!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts