The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
I think it's a scam or maybe stolen. It's on Winnipeg's Kijiji site too.

·
Registered
737 Posts
It's showing on Kijiji for St. John's NL, Charlottetown PE, Moncton NB, Halifax NS. Not Fredericton or Saint John NB yet.

Across the country? I'd say it's a scam of sorts.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
But what if it isn't and the guy is just an idiot....
An idiot couldn't give that detailed of description, leave out a picture of the headstock, and post it on every craigslist in Canada.

Someone who truly was uniformed would have a much less detailed description and would probably just put in on one craigslist (if not the local paper).

Who is this "we" that has had possession of the guitar for years?

Very fishy.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
An idiot couldn't give that detailed of description, leave out a picture of the headstock, and post it on every craigslist in Canada.

Someone who truly was uniformed would have a much less detailed description and would probably just put in on one craigslist (if not the local paper).

Who is this "we" that has had possession of the guitar for years?

Very fishy.
I can see that but still, someone needs to call him on it propose a meeting to check the guitar out. That's the funnest part about these things.

He could have removed the Good Luck from the message so it didn't match an ebay add word for word.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I emailed him, but I doubt he's actually in Winnipeg...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I can't even connnect to CL right now... it's very odd. The whole site seems to be down.

·
Premium Member
16,676 Posts
The funny thing is, $2500. is about what that guitar is worth to me.

To a collector I suppose it's worth more.

·
Premium Member
16,676 Posts
Yep craigslist is down right now, and milkman I totally agree with you, I actually wouldn't pay more than 1000 for that.. I just like nice functional guitars, not collectors items.
Truth is I bought a 59 Strat in about 1986 or 87 for $1800. It was a wonderful guitar. I mean, it REALLY had a singing tone.

I sold it for just over $2000. a few weeks later. I couldn't jusify using such a piece in bars and also I was able to buy two guitars and have some walking around money with the money.

The 59 I had WAS worth at least what I paid, but even now I wouldn't pay much more than that for it.

I really like guitars, but after all, they're just tools.

Now to an investor or collector they have a different value altogether.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
The ad on vancouver.kijiji.ca has disappeared.

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
There are subtle things, like brown case, not tweed case that get you wondering.

·
Registered
365 Posts
There's an ad on the Winnipeg Kijij saying to avoid it because he only wants email addresses.

Guess I'll be getting some spam...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts