The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as we know I'm silvertonebetty . But what you may not know is my first guitar was a silvertone I called Betty. But due to 10 years and multiple neck problems and interest of style of pickups and stuff my beloved strat has fallen ill to tinkering and loosing parts, the neck feels off after the major warping but I don't want to throw it out I can't . So over the next several months I will be doing a slow rebuild of my beloved strat . It's about time I build my dream strat . I will start by getting a good neck possibly an 60s or 70s style neck . A black pearl style pickguard and a set of 50/54 ? fender strat pickups .
Considering the strat that got me into guitars was an older red strat with a maple neck I'm gonna have to go with a maple neck . My tuning keys will. E the gotoh ones I presently have on it . I've updated to cheap saddles to an older vintage heavy set of saddles off an old mij strat . I hope you enjoy Betty's slow journey to a chance at life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
662 Posts
I love rebuilds. I have a few more as well after I finish up my Tele.

Have you considered loosening the truss rod and clamping the neck flat in a dry environment for a few weeks? Sometimes that's enough to make a neck usable. Even if you are changing the neck out, it might make your silver tone neck available for another project. Just a thought.

I'll be watching this one.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love rebuilds. I have a few more as well after I finish up my Tele.

Have you considered loosening the truss rod and clamping the neck flat in a dry environment for a few weeks? Sometimes that's enough to make a neck usable. Even if you are changing the neck out, it might make your silver tone neck available for another project. Just a thought.

I'll be watching this one.
It is an idea like I don't plan on throwing the neck out .and with the blank headstock of an all parts neck I can get a headstock decal saying Betty . Like how my telecaster says Daphne

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts