The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son just purchased a leather guitar strap. He installed Schaller Strap Locks on his guitar and the "button" - the part that screws into the guitar seems to get loosened from the leather rubbing against the guitar-we know this because this "loosening phenomenon" happened when we installed the strap lock parts on the new leather strap.

Is it possible to add a rubber washer between the "button" and guitar??
Any suggestions would be appreciated. And yes the screw hole is NOT stripped as the fitting is tight when screwed in.

thanking you all in advance...

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I wouldn't use a rubber washer.

I'm going to suggest it's not tight enough to hold. A couple of thin tooth picks in there before threading in the screw usually fixes it. Some use glue too. I don't bother.

I had the same problem with my Les Paul.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Instead of "glue" (which has many connotations to many people) try PL400 construction adhesive. I worked a wad of that into the hole with a toothpick, and the screw has never come loose since.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sometimes I think music stores sell those schallers so that they can sell more replacement guitars. Been using the Dunlop Straploks since 1980 (before Dunlop) and never lost a guitar but I can't say the same about my band mates. If you must use the schallers, perhaps you could add a second jam nut or if there's enough thread, a lock nut (the kind with a delrin insert, not the serated metal washer type)

Andy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts