The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I put strap locks on every electric I own. However I've recently picked up a Nocaster relic and I just think the strap locks won't look right on it and would like to stay with the stock strap buttons.
I'm just wondering if I need to be worried about the strap slipping off? The vintage style strap buttons are wider than more modern designs. I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do to better secure them so I can keep the stock buttons on there.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,801 Posts
Get the $3 plastic lock things that L&M sells.

Dan hasn't had an issue with his yet, I may or may not have almost pulled screws out of bodies...

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Or..you can get 6 for free with a delicious 6 pack of a very good beer.
They are very cool and actually work really well.
Fender makes ones without the beer--but I guess your point is--the ones with the beer are more fun?

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
well allrighty......I am going to buy some Grolsch beer today!!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
You have strap locks on your other Tele but think it would look out of place on this Nocaster? I use Schaller's on everything and they look fine.

Get the $3 plastic lock things that L&M sells.

Dan hasn't had an issue with his yet, I may or may not have almost pulled screws out of bodies...
I tried those many years ago with thick leather straps and they started leaving a visible ring on the guitar body. Won't touch them again.

·
Premium Member
16,801 Posts
They dont touch the body so how did they leave a mark?

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I started just putting a .10c steel washer under the strap pin, to hold the strap permanently on the gtr

only works if the strap will fold up with the gtr, in the case though

I got a set of these for my heavier leather strap, they work quite well:

musical instruments guitar strap strap locks - Schaeffertec GmbH - springy fastening systems
For the guitar I want to do this to I'm looking around for a vintage style fender strap so it should be ok to fold up in the case attached to the guitar.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have strap locks on your other Tele but think it would look out of place on this Nocaster?
Yes its my newly acquired Masterbuilt Nocaster heavy relic. I'm not even changing the saddles, which is something I normally do. Luckily the intonation is perfect. Don't really want to change anything on it. I know that strap locks would hardly be noticeable to any one else but my guitars are about me, so on this particular guitar I feel that 100% the way it is, is what will make me happy.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
For the guitar I want to do this to I'm looking around for a vintage style fender strap so it should be ok to fold up in the case attached to the guitar.
aha, I found a pic

the washer needs a hole large enough to fit around the base of the strap pin, but small enough to not let the larger knurl slip thru. that way it is loose & won't bind the strap, so the strap can spin freely

1 - 15 of 15 Posts