The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Strap bolts installed in Oakville area?

898 views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  Mark Brown 
#1 · (Edited)
I need strap bolts installed on a couple of acoustic guitars.

Where should I go in the Oakville area?

Preferably they would do it while I wait.

#2 ·
Acoustic Room in Hamilton did mine (and some fret work)

#5 ·
I'd wager it's more than $5 now, but still should be fairly inexpensive.

However, this is about as simple as changing a light bulb. Definitely well within your skills. All you need to do is select a good spot and make sure to use the right diameter bit and mark depth of penetration.

Also, lube the screws (soap or wax).

Five minute job.

#7 ·
I'd wager it's more than $5 now, but still should be fairly inexpensive.

However, this is about as simple as changing a light bulb. Definitely well within your skills. All you need to do is select a good spot and make sure to use the right diameter bit and mark depth of penetration.

Also, lube the screws (soap or wax).

Five minute job.
Right

$5 for the job + gas + few hours outside for 5 minutes job

#8 ·
Gear Music seems like an easy choice but I have no experience with their repair department. The Guitar Shop in Port Credit would be an excellent choice. I've used them because their repair guy came highly recommended. It won't be while you wait though. You'll have to leave it for a week.

#13 ·
We believe (often wrongly) that just because some strange guy claims to be a pro, he'll do a better job than we can.

Practice drilling a piece of scrap wood and installing this strap button, and you'll just have to reproduce the same thing on your guitar.
Why should it be any different?
Any piece of wood is just a piece of wood.

#24 ·
It’s been made clear that…

1) the op wants a guitar strap pin installed.
2) it’s quite easy to do himself.
3) despite the ease of installation, it’s beyond his comfort level.

Let’s just help him with his initial request of finding a tech in his area to do the work please. Repeating how easy it is over and over again just isn’t helpful at this point.

Thinking outside the box a little, you may not need to limit your search to guitar techs. I’m sure any reasonably skilled woodworker would have the tools and skill to drill a straight pilot hole and install 1 screw without risking the guitar. Maybe you have a friend or relative that fits the bill?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.