The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to drive into Montreal tomorrow (Wednesday). If I have some flex time to poke around what stores can people recommend I visit? This would be any musical instrument stores (e.g, vintage gear), electronic surplus places, or electronic component distributors.

Assume that I already know about Moog Audio, and that I can enter the city either from the north or from the west.

·
Rawr
289 Posts
oops, pressed submit to soon. Anyways, they had some cool gear last time I was in there. Steve's was ok, normal stuff, some Mesa.

·
Premium Member
25,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You really sure you want to drive into Montreal. Every time I go, I swear I'm not going back until the roadworks are done. I probably won't go back for 10 years.
Given that gas suddenly went up to 1.24 from 1.14 (and 1.09 the day before that), I might change my mind!
Construction and bad roads I can get anywhere in Ontario. No real deterrent.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I went to Archambault this summer. Very nice store with 3 stories of different music related stuff.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
If you don't mind traffic, Kitts music in the east end is the best store to look at used/vintage stuff. And, his prices are reasonable. I have been going there since 1993.
And on the drive into town, you should check out Smole Meat Pete's. Live music every night and the best smoke meat in the world.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Lived in Montreal for 20+ years and I've never heard of that place
It is not too far from where I live, but I have never been there. It is one of those greasy spoon diners. There is another one, Greenspot, that is also quite well known near the Lionel-Groulx Metro. I don't need the "extra" calories, thank you very much.

Let's just say, there are better restaurants in Montreal. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,911 Posts
There was a documentary about the restaurant in the late 90's called, 'Man of Grease.'

It was very entertaining and worth watching.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts