·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Steves.
:rockon:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Steve's Toronto doesn' carry Epiphones "yet". There about to get them though ... it was a protected area issue vs. L+M (which of course is owned by Yorkville the Gibson/Epi Cdn distributor). That's what I heard yesterday.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tarbender said:
Try Long & McQuade. Friend of mine just bought Epi LP Ultra there this week.
That would be me. L&M carry them. The Guitar Shop in Mississauga/Milton carry them as well, just couldn't get in the one I wanted to try. When I went to buy mine, Steve's didn't have them yet, they have them in Ottawa and Montreal but not in the TO location yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
violation said:
Steve's Music! I don't know how the Toronto shop is, but the Ottawa one has amazing prices and service.
I bought my Epi from Steve's Montreal in 2004.

I don't really enjoy the service there, but it did have a good Epi line. Interesting that the Toronto shop doesn't have any.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
fret15 said:

I don't really enjoy the service there, but it did have a good Epi line. Interesting that the Toronto shop doesn't have any.
Never been to the Montreal one, I've heard it's HUGE though. I was just at the Ottawa one yesterday to get my new axe, everything was great... even saw a couple future buys *cough* Peavey 6505 head *cough*, hah.

I've ordered online from LA Music, nothing big like a guitar though, but everything went smooth and shipping was pretty fast. Thing is, they never replied after I filled out the contact form which kind of sucked.

·
Registered
103 Posts
violation said:
Never been to the Montreal one, I've heard it's HUGE though. I was just at the Ottawa one yesterday to get my new axe, everything was great... even saw a couple future buys *cough* Peavey 6505 head *cough*, hah.

I've ordered online from LA Music, nothing big like a guitar though, but everything went smooth and shipping was pretty fast. Thing is, they never replied after I filled out the contact form which kind of sucked.
I don't consider it big at all...the way it's set up, is like the Sam Ash in NYC 48th street - many little stores side by side for each section (electric, acoustic, piano, recording...). Overall it is sizeable, but the selection of electric guitars is not that unbelievable - definitely not huge. In contrast, I haven't seen the Toronto & Ottawa Steve's, so I don't know if they're smaller.

I've gone to a Long & McQuade in Toronto (forget which street- toward North York/Richmond Hill) and it had a bigger selection of electric and acoustics. An average Guitar Center in the US also has a much bigger selection.

·
Premium Member
13,579 Posts
fret15 said:

If you walk into Steve's in Toronto there can be up to 4 or 5 YngwieVaiSatchPetrucci wannabes going at the same time. Not counting the bass players, either. But no Epis. I think someone mentioned the L&M territory thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.