The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find stores that carry the Epiphone guitars somewhere in Toronto. If you can help me, it would be appreicated

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Steves.
:rockon:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Steve's Toronto doesn' carry Epiphones "yet". There about to get them though ... it was a protected area issue vs. L+M (which of course is owned by Yorkville the Gibson/Epi Cdn distributor). That's what I heard yesterday.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Tarbender said:
Try Long & McQuade. Friend of mine just bought Epi LP Ultra there this week.
That would be me. L&M carry them. The Guitar Shop in Mississauga/Milton carry them as well, just couldn't get in the one I wanted to try. When I went to buy mine, Steve's didn't have them yet, they have them in Ottawa and Montreal but not in the TO location yet.

·
Premium Member
13,055 Posts
Kaos Music in the West End (Bloor and Royal York)

12th Fret in the East End (Danforth and Woodbine)

·
Registered
103 Posts
violation said:
Steve's Music! I don't know how the Toronto shop is, but the Ottawa one has amazing prices and service.
I bought my Epi from Steve's Montreal in 2004.

I don't really enjoy the service there, but it did have a good Epi line. Interesting that the Toronto shop doesn't have any.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
fret15 said:

I don't really enjoy the service there, but it did have a good Epi line. Interesting that the Toronto shop doesn't have any.
Never been to the Montreal one, I've heard it's HUGE though. I was just at the Ottawa one yesterday to get my new axe, everything was great... even saw a couple future buys *cough* Peavey 6505 head *cough*, hah.

I've ordered online from LA Music, nothing big like a guitar though, but everything went smooth and shipping was pretty fast. Thing is, they never replied after I filled out the contact form which kind of sucked.

·
Registered
103 Posts
violation said:
Never been to the Montreal one, I've heard it's HUGE though. I was just at the Ottawa one yesterday to get my new axe, everything was great... even saw a couple future buys *cough* Peavey 6505 head *cough*, hah.

I've ordered online from LA Music, nothing big like a guitar though, but everything went smooth and shipping was pretty fast. Thing is, they never replied after I filled out the contact form which kind of sucked.
I don't consider it big at all...the way it's set up, is like the Sam Ash in NYC 48th street - many little stores side by side for each section (electric, acoustic, piano, recording...). Overall it is sizeable, but the selection of electric guitars is not that unbelievable - definitely not huge. In contrast, I haven't seen the Toronto & Ottawa Steve's, so I don't know if they're smaller.

I've gone to a Long & McQuade in Toronto (forget which street- toward North York/Richmond Hill) and it had a bigger selection of electric and acoustics. An average Guitar Center in the US also has a much bigger selection.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Asked at an Epiphone dealer here in B.C about the LE 57 Les Paul Jr. reissue and was told epiphone does not send their LE guitar to dealers in Canada. Sucks big time...so I bought a Fender Blues Jr. amp lol

·
Premium Member
13,055 Posts
fret15 said:

If you walk into Steve's in Toronto there can be up to 4 or 5 YngwieVaiSatchPetrucci wannabes going at the same time. Not counting the bass players, either. But no Epis. I think someone mentioned the L&M territory thing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts