The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,242 Posts
Ok so here's what we do, lets find the right member to make a kit. Ship it out. And we can put 'er together. Save some quid.

Looks like ply and shite and whatever. Surely they're charging $240+ in USD.

DERRICK bell. I should ask him. Stay tuned.

Ok emailed him. Lets see what he says.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks like a sweet rig! How many members here really need this though? I could fit my entire collection on two yorkville 7's. Not dogging anyone, I'm just interested in the rig itself; seems like a pretty cool feat of engineering.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yes, near $900 US plus $50 shipping within the US, works out to about $1,250 CDN.

I have two DIY racks but need more room. Unfortunately, my friend who had a woodshop sold that house and everything along with it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm looking at buying something like this and want it to hold 20+ electric guitars with cases. This one is made in the US and our dollar isn't the greatest right now. Do you know of anyone in Canada who makes something similar, preferably Ontario?
I have been looking into getting a case rack like this for a while. I have 14 guitars and basses in hard case, plus a few stored in gig bags. Right now, I lean the hard cases upright between amps. A two-tier case rack would be ideal for me.

The lowest price I could find on the Double-Stack rack in your post is US$799. I did not bother to email for a quote on the shipping cost.

Here is a variation of the Double-Stack rack:

Guitar Rack - Wenger Corporation

I think this one looks better. But knowing the other one goes for US$799, again I did not bother to email them for the price (not listed in the site). BTW, this rack weighs 147 lbs (67 kg).

Price-wise, the String Swing 5-guitar case rack is great. However, they can't be stacked and I just don't have the room to put 3 of them side by side.

So far, I have not found anyone making a two-tier case rack in Canada. It would be nice if I can find one.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I bought a plastic chair from these guys, through a local greenhouse.

www.thewoodmill.ca

I like these racks. They probably reverberate too much.

If you make them a bit deeper you can store two on a shelf, head to toe.

Gruhn does it like this. I remember Elderly Instruments had their used electric guitars in racks like those on the right at one time, except the racks were open, there were no dividers.

$350 seems a bit steep for a rusty tin box.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts