The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My guitar was taken from a public area in front of 160 Elgin near Nepean Street. I did not see the person, they grabbed my guitar and ran down Nepean. This happened on Sat Nov 17th, 2018 at 10:45 AM.

It is a nylon string Goya, I do not know the serial number. The top is light coloured wood and the back, sides, and neck are dark wood. The fingerboard is painted black but is worn through to the wood in the first position. There are clamp marks on the higher frets and sanding marks on the side of the neck from recent repair work. There are stickers on the guitar, a Winnie-the-Pooh sticker on the front says "Pooh's Friend Jasmine", there is a tropical fish sticker on the back of the headstock that says "Jasmine". I'm guessing anyone would take these off but thought I'd mention them anyway. It is in a black hardshell case also with stickers on with beige plush inside. My name is on the inside of the case in black magic marker, my name and contact info are in a pocket on the outside of the case near the handle, but again these were probably removed. Both are 34 years old. The guitar is not valuable but it is in good condition and playable.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I presume you have contacted guitar stores, he ay have tried to sell it at Spaceman, which is quite close, and the city’s pawn shops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went around today with a notice describing my guitar and case. The music stores and pawn shops I went to were really nice about it, they all said they'd keep an eye out. Some I believe will but a couple struck me as a bit shifty o_OMost people I dealt with today told me where other music or pawn shops were and suggested checking on line sales etc. I doubt I'll ever see my guitar again :( but at least (almost) everyone was really helpful about it.

Someone suggested I list my guitar on The Ottawa Musician web site but they don't seem to have a page for stolen gear.

I've been thinking about buying a new guitar and I've narrowed it down to two choices, I wanted to keep the one I had though.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
I went around today with a notice describing my guitar and case. The music stores and pawn shops I went to were really nice about it, they all said they'd keep an eye out. Some I believe will but a couple struck me as a bit shifty o_OMost people I dealt with today told me where other music or pawn shops were and suggested checking on line sales etc. I doubt I'll ever see my guitar again :( but at least (almost) everyone was really helpful about it.

Someone suggested I list my guitar on The Ottawa Musician web site but they don't seem to have a page for stolen gear.

I've been thinking about buying a new guitar and I've narrowed it down to two choices, I wanted to keep the one I had though.
That's so low. I hope you get your guitar back and I hope the thief's armpits are infested with fire ants.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts