The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Posting for my friends The Standstills who had all of their guitars stolen last night in Windsor.

For a touring act this is devastating, any help to locate is appreciated.

Guitars as follows:

-Gibson 335 Semi- hollow bodied guitar - Black SN: 03258704

-Hagstrom Semi-hollow Bodied Viking Baritone guitar - Black

-Hagstrom Semi-hollow Bodied Viking Baritone guitar - Sunburst

- Hagstrom Super Viking Guitar - Black - SN: g18080645

Note: The sunburst baritone viking has a new Gibson 335 style switch installed. This may help separate it from others.

Sorry I don't have all of the serial numbers at this time as the band is on the road, they are going to check records when they get back.

Here's a couple of pics of the 335 and the Baritone Viking. I'm looking for others now.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/saLJVfcw1ujfzT7D8

·
Premium Member
17,322 Posts
Pic was not showing. Here is a screen shot.

I hope the "Standstills" can recover their gear ASAP.
Theft always makes my blood boil !!
(I had two 335's stolen years ago).
Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 4.10.40 PM.png

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's great! Would you tell us how it happened? Did the thieves get caught? Are the guitars OK?... etc.
The guitars were stolen from the bands tour vehicle, and somehow the individual drove off on a ten speed with a stack of guitar cases. Left behind a power drill, and crack pipe. Of course.

Not sure on the exact details of the recoveries, or if any arrests were actually made. But as far as I know the first Hagstrom was "found in a bush" by some street kids. At a later date the other two Hagstroms were flagged at a pawn shop. And finally the 335 was also recovered while trying to pawn. All in all it looks like everything came out okay considering they probably changed hands multiple times until being recovered. It definitely pays to inform and provide your local pawn shops with serial numbers etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts