The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s a post from the owner of Arbutus Music in Nananimo, BC, Richard Leighton. He’s known as a genuine and caring soul and this must be devastating. Keep on the lookout across Canada for this stuff. If I come across pictures I will update it on here.

Richard’s Facebook post:
“If you know anyone who is selling a '59 Les Paul, '75 Tele Custom, '62 Westwood 77, 1916 Martin 00-18K and more, let me know, I'll meet them in person.” It was also stated to contact him or Nanaimo RCMP (probably both).

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,103 Posts
Pics and serial numbers would be helpful. Hope they catch the bastard(s)!

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics and serial numbers would be helpful. Hope they catch the bastard(s)!
Yeah, I’m a little surprised he hasn’t posted that yet, I’m almost figuring he has a reason not to at this point. But I can’t imagine what it would be.

And yeah, not gonna be easy to unload a ‘59 or pre war Martin without a bit of digging by someone. Richard is renowned and very liked in the community. Everyone is watching out for him. I am just hoping this post helps get eyes open across Canada a bit. I can’t imagine it getting posted to the nanaimo Craigslist. Haha

·
Registered
146 Posts
can’t imagine it would be too easy to sell a ‘59 without it getting a full background check
Part of this statement assumes that the thief/thieves know what they have stolen.
They may just consider it a run of the mill guitar.
And sell it to buddy etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts