The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Man, I'd love to see that show.

What big acts have promoters got lined up for us in Korea this fall? Megadeth (I would actually see that even though I'm not a big fan...but it's on a Sunday night) and Scorpions (great guitar tone (Celestion G1265, right?), but I really don't care that much for their brand of metal. Too 'pop' for my own tastes.)).

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

Steve Vai's not my "cup of tea" but it looks like you had lots of fun - cool pics. I'm confused though (not unusual, according to my wife!) - you're Marnie above, but you appear in GuitarsCanada pics. So, is Marnie the GuitarsCanada admin ? :confused: Or am I Marnie? Now I'm really confused ! !

PS Steve Vai looks a bit like Geddy Lee in that pic.

·
Registered
349 Posts
A couple of things:

1. Did Vai play through a Fender and just have the CArvin Legacy stuff in thebackground for sponsorship "show" and because he is endorsed?

2. Thankgod Vai looks normal now instead of a weirdo. Nice to see he gave up the tight leather. (note to malmsteen, dungeons and dragons are out!)

3. Kudos on the cute GF, goes to show our breed of guitar geeks is way above the average gaming geek! lol. :wave:

I

·
0 Posts
1. Did Vai play through a Fender and just have the CArvin Legacy stuff in thebackground for sponsorship "show" and because he is endorsed?
I'm assuming he's reusing his rig from ZPZ for the solo dates since they're piggy backed on top of each other. On the ZPZ tour he's running two Legacy's and the Fender and he blends the Fender in with a volume pedal on his board. There's a great write up of his ZPZ rig at the back of the Guitar World with him and Satch on the cover. He's got this custom 3 x 12" monitor in front of him on stage that's Legacy - Fender - Legacy so he can monitor the blended sound. Very cool setup.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts