The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,917 Posts
I'm curious too. I like the idea of them and the ones I've played were pretty good. A few years ago I had a headless "Headway" bass modeled after the Steinberger and I regret selling it now.

The current Steinbergers advertised in the guitar press, especially the extended scale one with integral capo look pretty cool.

Anyone?

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
16,488 Posts
I haven't tried one since the early days. I tried one of the headless black models with EMGs and it was among the best instruments I have EVER played before or since.

The only reason I didn't buy it on the spot was price.

As I recall (and it was some time ago) it was beautiful to play and responsive as he11. I remember thinking how much better it was than any Strat or LP I had played or owned.

Of course, as evidenced by the less than spectacular sales of the headless/bodyless models I was in the minority.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Excellent guitars, at least the originals. The new ones are good for the price though. Having no headstock is great, and I dont understand the Speedloaders keeping the headstock, because they have the opportunity to lose it............

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I owned a Hohner (copy) back in the mid nineties. It played allright, but I could never get used to the physical nothingness. When I play, I sometimes pull the guitar in tight and you can't do it with this body style.

On th up side, you could play it in the car.

·
Premium Member
16,488 Posts
Cool idea! While I'm driving watching a DVD as usual, in between calls and Blackberry emails, I could be playing guitar!

Does anyone make a hand wired tube amp that runs on 12v and fits in the dashboard?
Are you insane? Do you realize how dangerous this is?

(you could spill your cappuccino):smile:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Yep, I used to have a PlayBus back in the mid 80's. For anybody unfamiliar with it, it was Boss' answer to Tom Scholzs Rockman.

I would have had the guitar plugged into a playbus with headphones on.

Anyone remember the playbus?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Well, not a Steinberger per se but I do have a Cort bass with a "Licensed By Steinberger" bridge and tuner which I bought it back in 1985 for $250.00. I'll be taking a picture of it along with my other guitars sometime in the future.

Who own's, or has ever owned or played a Steinberger? Some reviews or comments?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts