·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been wanting to make one myself. Now that you guys have brought it up and I've got a tele kit coming, maybe I'll make it into a steampunk guitar. :D
Starting to really appreciate the creativity/individuality involved. I would be interested in following if you start a thread on it.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reactions: MarkM

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
I have been a Steam Punk follower for years. Very dark. I love Gothic revival.

The creativity in some of these guitars is above and beyond. Just let your imagination do the talking.

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Is there such a thing as steampunk music?
Actually there is. I had a friend who asked me if I would be interested in joining a steampunk band they were forming. It never got off the ground but not because of the music but just because of personalities. LOL Here is a good description of it.

Steampunk music is a genre with a loosely defined sound, but can be described as "eclectic". Common influences include gothic, industrial, synth-pop, dark wave, and new wave, but there are also hints of orchestral, ragtime, cabaret, Indian, gypsy, folk, and traditional klezmer music.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Actually there is. I had a friend who asked me if I would be interested in joining a steampunk band they were forming. It never got off the ground but not because of the music but just because of personalities. LOL Here is a good description of it.

Steampunk music is a genre with a loosely defined sound, but can be described as "eclectic". Common influences include gothic, industrial, synth-pop, dark wave, and new wave, but there are also hints of orchestral, ragtime, cabaret, Indian, gypsy, folk, and traditional klezmer music.
I played at a steampunk festival here in Gananoque. Yes, eclectic. I played old pop and jazz. The main thing was to dress, um, appropriately.

This is what I think steampunk should sound like:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts