The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
11,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone excited to see it? I really enjoyed The Force Awakens and I'd like to get out with the kids to see this one. They showed all the previous ones on the tele over the past two months or so, probably building up to this new one, and I've caught some of them. It got me a little fired up.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
Senior's Day Monday December 8th, matinee 2:00 pm. I'm on a self-imposed media ban/black-out. I think I've seen Force Awakens 8 times in the last almost two years. And read the novel. I bought my grand-daughter Forces of Destiny Rey and Leia actions figures and a Golden book Star Wars Heroes and Villains for Xmas. Yes,... I am one of them.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Boss is taking us to see it on Friday as it has become tradition to see the new Star Wars movie for our department Christmas get together.

·
Premium Member
16,795 Posts
I have friends who bought tickets in advance, I'm planning to go see it next week.

If I see spoilers online I'm going to be so mad.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I’m a giant Star Wars nerd. To say I’m excited to see it would be a massive understatement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Occasional CEO
JB Custom
1,818 Posts
I actually didn't like Force Awakens very much. It was nice to see a new Star Wars film but aside from the acting and effects, it wasn't a stellar movie by any stretch. Rogue One was absolutely fantastic. Probably my favorite Star Wars film overall.

Seeing Last Jedi this weekend with the staff. Not going to lie, the previews have me a little hyped. Apparently we are to expect a big twist, as was in Empire. Looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
16,795 Posts
I think i have watched one trailer. I more or less avoid them when Im interested in the movie.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The Force Awakens was excellent except for the broody teenager, he can go away. Almost as bad as Episode II’s broody teenager.

I loved Rogue One.

I should be seeing the new one in the week after Christmas.

I’ve seen a few commercials with ships flying around and one with the ground cracking, that second one has a little too much information. I can hardly wait.

·
Premium Member
9,704 Posts
Very excited...Its become a New Years Eve tradition to go see a Star Wars movie with our kid (this will be the 3rd one for her).

Reactions: sambonee

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Yeah, my family is in...thanks to my son. My wife is more into it than I am. I enjoyed the last one, since it finally explained why anyone would build anything that would explode from a single shot.

Has any one watched the 300 or so episodes of that animated star wars show that actually adheres to the movie plots and fills in a lot of blanks during the entire clone wars?

If you haven't, you're not a real fan.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Has any one watched the 300 or so episodes of that animated star wars show that actually adheres to the movie plots and fills in a lot of blanks during the entire clone wars?

If you haven't, you're not a real fan.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
My son was a huge fan of the Clone Wars series so I saw a few of them and they were well done. I believe that we have them all on DVD.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
If anyone spoils this film for me, they will truly feel the power of the dark side.

Reactions: jbealsmusic

·
Registered
484 Posts
I was a huge fan as a kid, into my teens. Had the action figures, a few ships, etc... even a Read-A-Long 45. Saw all three originals in theaters when they came out, then the 90's re-dos (in theaters) before the release of Episode's I, II, & III, but I have lost some of my vigor for them. Phantom was a massive disappointment, so I didn't bother with Attack of the Clones until Revenge of the Sith came out and looked so good. Haven't seen Rouge One, but I did see The Force Awakens. I will definitely see this new one in theaters though.

Up till recently, I had a boss who was Star Wars crazy!!! It made it's way into meetings, he had Star Wars Lego on his desk, he'd shoot little Storm Trooper rockets at us during presentations... he was awful! That certainly left me wanting to separate from the franchise. I'd go into his office to discuss a large client that wanted to walk, and he'd derail the conversation to "Have you seen Rogue One yet?".... "ugh.... no...". "Well you should, it really fills in some blanks left between Episode III and IV". "Great, I'll do that, and so I'll just let this $3000.00/week customer out of their contract too?"

It will be nice to have an interest again.

EDIT: and today I watched Rogue One. Great movie! I wish I had enough time to watch A New Hope right after, but I will re-watch soon!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I have tickets for this Saturday and my 6 year old cant wait. Guess it will have to be a social media blackout until then.

Reactions: Diablo

·
Registered
484 Posts
It hits today... TV ads are already pushing: "Don't let anyone spoil it for you, see it now!"

Back when I was a kid, someone ruined Empire while I rode innocently on the school bus. I will have to be diligent to avoid spoilers for this. I'm not on Facebook, Twitter, or any other Social Media, so I'm good there. I work from a home office, so no water cooler mishaps... still, I should go this weekend to be safe.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts