The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
Here's a little message from France
I'd like to share with you a huge work, a new music video released a few days ago on YouTube and already relayed on GuitarWorld, presenting a Star Wars medley that I rewrote for 50 electric guitars in "lock-down" mode. Each guitarist has filmed himself from home and I video and audio edited the whole thing...
You can watch the video HERE
Thanks for telling me what you think about it
Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts
Fantastic! That does seem like a "lock down" thing to do.
Did you have any issues with tuning? Guitar players can sometimes be completely oblivious to their tuning and intonation.

·
Premium Member
15,234 Posts
I'm impressed on how you got everyone to use a white backdrop and wear the same shirt. 😉

Reactions: RenaudLS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fantastic! That does seem like a "lock down" thing to do.
Did you have any issues with tuning? Guitar players can sometimes be completely oblivious to their tuning and intonation.
Well I warned them that if they didn't tune, they wouldn't be on the screen! 😁 All joking aside, tuning was sometimes problematic when I received their tracks. Because my orchestra is organized in 14 sections of 3 or 4 guitar player, and inside a section everybody plays the same score. So when you have 3 or 4 guitarists playing the same thing but not exactly tuned the same, it can be really weird. But curiously, without any autotune process, when the 50 guitar tracks were put together, there's been a sort of natural "smoothing effect" due to the great number of tracks which made all the tuning problems mainly disappear. That was a godd news, I can tell

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm impressed on how you got everyone to use a white backdrop and wear the same shirt. 😉
Thank you! Initially, my idea was to let them use a green backdrop but a lot of them didn't had that gear. My orchestra is mainly composed by a mix of amateurs, semi-professional and professional guitar players, so they don't all have the same equippment level. So at the end, the better solution was to use a white backdrop for everyone. Almost eveybody has a white bed sheet at home!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts