The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
8,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So forgive me for my ignorance if this is someone I should know but can someone enlighten me on this musician.
I'll be vacationing in P.E.I in July with my wife, daughter and 7 year old grand daughter. My daughter wants me to get tickets to Stan Rogers while we're there.

· Registered
505 Posts
Here I sit ... in my 59th year ...

Kinda bittersweet eh Mr. Brown. Nice to know young people are still diggin his folk artistry.

Reactions: Kerry Brown

· Premium Member
1,700 Posts
I keep promising myself to get to Stanfest...and something keeps getting in the way of it. I didn't check this year's roster, but there are usually some pretty impressive names on it.

· Monster Replier
'97 Strat Plus, '22 LP Studio
6,452 Posts
Hands down the greatest artist that ever lived. God how I love him.

Dad played a lot of Stan's tunes and that was my introduction.

I did attend the inaugural Stan Rogers music festival. I remember it being terrible organized, I was only probably 13, but the old man was playing there so there is where we were.

Forty-Five years was the song I played for the first dance with my new bride at our wedding.

I love you Mr. Rogers.

· Monster Replier
6,452 Posts

This audio isn't fantastic, I think my brother ripped it from a cassette and plunked it onto YouTube. The recording is over 20 years old. It seemed appropriate to post here.

Steve Hiltz - Vocals/Rythm
Wendall Clark? - Fiddle
Sharon Jones? - Upright
Moe Brown - Guitar

Unfortunately I am not positive of those two last names. Sorry

· Premium Member
23,073 Posts

This audio isn't fantastic, I think my brother ripped it from a cassette and plunked it onto YouTube. The recording is over 20 years old. It seemed appropriate to post here.

Steve Hiltz - Vocals/Rythm
Wendall Clark? - Fiddle
Sharon Jones? - Upright
Moe Brown - Guitar

Unfortunately I am not positive of those two last names. Sorry

If I may ask an indelicate question, is your Dad still with us?

· Premium Member
158 Posts
Binbrook today must feel quite different than when Stan grew up there. He is obviously known for his Maritime musical heritage but I wonder if he would have explored labour/protest songs had he had more time. I mostly know his hits though, so perhaps there’s some of that in his catalogue?

· Monster Replier
6,452 Posts
If I may ask an indelicate question, is your Dad still with us?
Not a question not to be asked at all. We all meet the same fate. No he is not. A long life lived hard caught up with him a few weeks after our first was born so I guess that makes it 9 years ago now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts