The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much do you care about stadiums/Arenas? Is it a factor for deciding if you will go to a game?

I keep hearing the talking heads saying "x city NEEDS a new stadium..." as if it's some factor in the teams/markets success. I don't get it. I really don't care very much. New stadiums will still have under capacity washrooms and over prices concessions and parking/traffic problems....ppl will ooh and ahh for a few years, then wax nostalgic about how much more soul the old building had, and 5 yrs later pine for another new one...., while a good bit of the cost is burdened by tax payers.
I can appreciate it when the new stadium is significantly larger, or more versatile for concerts and other revenue generating events, or if the old one has serious infrastructure issues (I watched a penguins game about 10 years ago that was interrupted for about 20min when the power went out in the building, related to its old wiring). But this isn't often the case.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Mostly it’s about more premium seating, luxury boxes etc, that are big revenue for the team owners. There was nothing really wrong with Northlands, the location was a little crappy but nowhere remotely as bad as I hear Ottawa’s arena is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts