The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Does anyone have a link or tell me the best way to stabilize spalted maple.I found a thread on it somewhere where they use CA glue but I can't find it again
Thanks

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
OK I found it
CA Glue Method

OK,now where can I find CA glue in Canada that is a decent size?
You can order CA in thin viscosity in 2 ounce bottles from Great Hobbies. (www.greathobbies.com) or get it in any decent hobby shop catering to RC airplanes.

I use a lot of CA in my woodshop for fixing chips and such as I machine my furniture. I can buy it in larger bottles through some of my suppliers, but believe it or not, its still cheaper by the ounce when I buy 3-2 ounce bottles at a time through Great Hobbies. I buy the 'flash' branded glue.

AJC

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can order CA in thin viscosity in 2 ounce bottles from Great Hobbies. (www.greathobbies.com) or get it in any decent hobby shop catering to RC airplanes.

I use a lot of CA in my woodshop for fixing chips and such as I machine my furniture. I can buy it in larger bottles through some of my suppliers, but believe it or not, its still cheaper by the ounce when I buy 3-2 ounce bottles at a time through Great Hobbies. I buy the 'flash' branded glue.

AJC
What would be the best for spalted maple,thin or medium?

Oh and thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts