The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can pick this up for $125.00 and since it is like new (played only for 1/2 hour), I think it is a very decent deal. I would like any opinions on it you might give. I think it is an Affinity. Can anyone confirm or correct that assumption?

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
It's not really easy to tell just from that photo, but the price is in the Affinity range. I had an Affinity Strat a few years ago that was OK, although I only had it for a brief period. I couldn't tell you much more about it than that.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks like it is an affinity to me, but that's just a guess. I've played a few that were serviceable guitars and a few that were dogs.

$125.00 is a very fair price for a basically unused guitar; even better if that case is included.

For $125 I'd do that deal. Some of those teles are pretty nice and had alder bodies. You should be able to resell it at the same price if it's not your cup of tea.

I think it's a good low risk deal.

·
Registered
11,006 Posts
You have my blessing. I think you should buy it but be careful as I think the ad may be misleading, it was most likely played for closer to 45 mins or even a full hour, offer 100 bucks.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look for 'Affinity' on the headstock.

Yep, I tried but even blowing up the picture, it got so blurry, I couldn't read it. For $125.00, I think it's too good a deal to pass up. I have been looking for a tele to mod and I think I'll make it this one. Thanks very much for your reply.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like it is an affinity to me, but that's just a guess. I've played a few that were serviceable guitars and a few that were dogs.

$125.00 is a very fair price for a basically unused guitar; even better if that case is included.

For $125 I'd do that deal. Some of those teles are pretty nice and had alder bodies. You should be able to resell it at the same price if it's not your cup of tea.

I think it's a good low risk deal.
Thanks, Ron. I just checked and he admitted the ad was misleading with that case but he won't include it. I'm going to take it anyway.

Reactions: Ronbeast

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
For 125 loonies even I'd buy it. Looks good, mind you the back may prove it to be a POS. AW what the hell for 125 little ones go for it.:)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yes, very good deal. If it plays and feels really comfortable, you can decide to upgrade pots, switch and pups. I upgraded pups to Reilander P 90s and got some preassembled CTS pots and switch with an orange drop .22 cap. Love the sound now. Spent more on upgrades and setup than I did for the guitar but I had faith that the Affinity wasn't a complete dog to start with. Just the pups were.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
The first thing it's going to get is a neck that fits my hands so I can play it.

Big Lou wide guitar neck
Stead (uh, may I call you that? No? Okay then...) er, Mr. Fastly, I'm curious about the Big Lou necks myself. I've seen a bunch of positive reviews, but there's been one dud that worries me:

Wide Neck / Nut Tele Big Lou Large Hands<http://www.tdpri.com/threads/wide-neck-nut-tele-big-lou-large-hands.289398/>

If you do go for one, please let us know how it works out!

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it's an affinity it will have a small neck in comparison of a standard. I found that, even with small hands, it felt clumsy. Price is Right though.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If it's an affinity it will have a small neck in comparison of a standard. I found that, even with small hands, it felt clumsy. Price is Right though.
See post #11.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
So...is the affinity the lowest of the low end models?

I wanted a tele...but i also like 'different' so i built a stratele...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts