The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ugh i clicked that make a donation ad twice by mistake. well played whoever put it there.

anyway, so I was unscrewing my pickups cover, and then when it was finally loose, and I began to pull it out, two crazy ninja springs jumped out at me.

Where the hell do I put them? I tried putting them on the ends of the screws that adjust the pickup height, but then one of them fell into the body of the guitar. I got it out though. So, is that where they're supposed to go? because it seems difficult to put them in that way with the lack of slack from the pickups' wire. There's like 3cm of space.

:confused-smiley-010

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
between the pickup cavity cover and the pickups base plate I guess...hard to describe haha.

Put pickup screw through pickup cover, through spring, and then into the pickup itself....

however, since you don't have a lot of space, its going to be tricky!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, I tried what (i think) you said, but now the pickups are either too loose, springy and low, or rigid and way too high, sticking out of my guitar.

any other ideas? :sport-smiley-002:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Screw goes through the pickguard or pickup ring, screw goes through the spring, screw goes through the hole on the side of the pickup.

So it's like a layer...

Pickguard or ring
Spring
Hole on the side of the pickup

Only pic I could find that shows it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks for the pic, it really helps. the guy at long & mcquade i called earlier told me that the springs go between those little flaps with holes and the actual wood of the cavity, which sounded weird to me.

is there any trick to getting the springs and cover on? since the pickup itself is wired into the guitar still, im finding it hard to get the spring to get the spring to line up with the hole and all that jazz. theres so much resistence!

edit: ahahahaha i got it the world is mine yes yes yes! thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
a nice tool to have is some really skinny "needlenose" pliers. They can help in those situations, as can small hook sets etc to get the spring into place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts