The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why the "quotations" you ask? Well, it's not exactly a 90's vibroverb. It started life as one but now has a PTP board by Oldfield Amps, a new OT by Mercury and a pair of 10" speakers by Mojotone.

With no pedals the sound is almost hifi...not what I'm going for. However, what does pretty well fix it is if I run a Klone (D&M drive) in front of it. I would like a bit more sparkle but maybe that's chasing a ghost.

So three options:

1. Just run the D&M Klone always on and forget the frequency I think I'm missing
2. Get a suitable 12" speaker 'cause it's the 10's fault
3. Get different 10" speakers...after all I've owned two different super reverbs and some Princetons and didn't mind the 10's in those....

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Which Mojotone speakers do you have in there? The only ones on the website are American Vintage AV10C, which are...going for a tweed sound? Early break-up without being harsh.

Different 10” speakers are easy to try.

You can test the configuration, you can plug the amp into a 1x12 cab, or maybe try a 1x15. Did you get a transformer with multiple taps?

If that doesn’t work, you can get someone to tweak the circuit to suit you.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which Mojotone speakers do you have in there? The only ones on the website are American Vintage AV10C, which are...going for a tweed sound? Early break-up without being harsh.

Different 10” speakers are easy to try.

You can test the configuration, you can plug the amp into a 1x12 cab, or maybe try a 1x15. Did you get a transformer with multiple taps?

If that doesn’t work, you can get someone to tweak the circuit to suit you.
yeah they are the American Vintage...definitely not the sound I'm going for. They have that really reedy quality that some Jensen type speakers have.

I don't know what the transformer has for taps as the work wasn't done for me. I do have the work order so I'll look it up or call the builder/tech.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts