The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 62 10 inch oxford that needs a recone. Can anyone recommend someone who does this? From what I remember seeing here a few years ago, there is someone in Ontario as well as someone in Saskatchewan who was recommended. Anyone in Ottawa as well? Thanks,

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
Santon Audio in Scarborough (Toronto). They've done a JBL and a number of EVs for me.

For the cost of the recone+shipping 2 ways, you could buy another vintage Oxford, possibly 2. What would be worth it is buying the recone kit and trying it yourself (there are may good vids online - see the one by Uncle Doug for example).

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did a bit of searching online, there was one exact same one (10J4 XH14 coded 465-223) that sold on reverb just before Christmas but nothing else on line at the moment. That one sold for 265 plus shipping. I'm sure the recone would be less, even with shipping both ways....

·
Premium Member
3,249 Posts
That's an inflated price for sure. I guess I never look for 10s, but I used see 12s on ebay all the time(I was looking last year) for much less than that (though, most often, not listed as Oxfords explicitly; try a more generic search for alnico 10s).

A recone will run you $100-120 and then shipping will be 25 -30 each way.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A 1962 fender tremolux cab. One of the pair was not working when I got it a few years ago. I have a set of weber blue pups in there now but I want to have it as "original" as I can to sell it at some point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts