The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks.

I have a 30 watt Garnet amp that was built for me by Gar ten years ago. It is a 6L6 based amp that orginally came with a Marsland speaker. I swapped out the Marsland with a Vintage 30 and love the clean tones, but I am missing the grit. Any recommendations for a speaker that will give me the nice round clean tones but will also give me distortion at less that full out volumes?

I would also interested in know what people are putting into their Peavey Classic 30s?

Tahnks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I highly recommend either the Emminence Wizard or Private Jack. The Wiz is my fav.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
They are pricey, but I am completely hooked on Weber speakers, so i always recommend them. Eminence makes some great speakers though for good prices.

Lately I have been running Jensen Neo's in a few of my amps and they are fantastic. They are closer to an Alnico sound, but they sort of mix parts of a ceramic sound too. Basically the best of both worlds to my ears. And the fact that they weigh about 6 oz's is fantastic.

·
Registered
120 Posts
torndownunit said:
They are pricey, but I am completely hooked on Weber speakers, so i always recommend them. Eminence makes some great speakers though for good prices.

Lately I have been running Jensen Neo's in a few of my amps and they are fantastic. They are closer to an Alnico sound, but they sort of mix parts of a ceramic sound too. Basically the best of both worlds to my ears. And the fact that they weigh about 6 oz's is fantastic.
I just got a Weber M25 and Silver Bell both with the "pre-Rola" treatment... A cut above for sure.

A nice blue dog would be nice. I think the Wizard and PJ require too much power to sound good IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts