The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put something for sale on Kijiji. Of course I get a reply rather quickly. I don't have any reason to doubt the legitimacy of the response except for the first sentence. I clearly posted the price in the ad. I guess its possible its just someone with enough money to buy my amp that doesn't read anything carefully.

Hi, what is your asking price, then where are you located and what time can i can come for the viewing.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok now I know.

Hi, I am Morency Oscar. I'm satisfied with the price and i'm really interested in buying it. I would have love to come for the viewing by the weekend, but My place is way too far from there in which i am located in Halifax Nova Scotia. So i thought of how to make this transaction work between us, which i came to conclusion to use a courier company to pick up the item from your place but we will send the money to your account first and after you get the money in your account, the pick up company will come to help us carry it. Since i'd not be seeing the item before i purchase it, i would like you to send some more recent pictures of its present state to be sure you still have it and its in good condition. If the pictures pleases me,then we can go ahead with the transaction and will send the money to you without delay.... Lest i forget, i would be transferring the funds to you through PayPal. Please reply with your opinion ASAP Thanks.
Morency.........

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Last year, a guy offered a Godin 5th Avenue on Kijiji. He wanted to sell but could consider trading for Epi Sheraton. I had a Sheraton sleeping. So I contacted the dude. No answer. Traced him and called him over the phone. Started to talk about how he was an accomplished player and how he would be fast at observing an intonation issue and bla bla bla... He ended saying he would see when we could meet. In the meanwhile, I found he lived three blocks from my place. Got no news from him for two days. I sent and he mail. He replied we could meet the next day and would contact in the morning to confirm the hour. No news the next day ! Sent another email inquiring if he encountered any problem of if he prefered to sell : just be clear, I would understand. He replied I was a moron !
Fortunately, Kijiji offers generally end fast and nicely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts