The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading to Southwestern Ontario later this month and want to try out some acoustics, Alvarez and Eastman in particular but the whole gamut of decent acoustics if possible.

I was thinking of visiting the Twelfth Fret and Cosmo Music in TO and the Acoustic Room in Hamilton. Are there any others in SW Ontario that you would recommend.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
I am heading to Southwestern Ontario later this month and want to try out some acoustics, Alvarez and Eastman in particular but the whole gamut of decent acoustics if possible.

I was thinking of visiting the Twelfth Fret and Cosmo Music in TO and the Acoustic Room in Hamilton. Are there any others in SW Ontario that you would recommend.
If you can get to KW, Folkway is probably worth a visit.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can get to KW, Folkway is probably worth a visit.
I'm going to be there for one night so I will try and get over there. Thanks.

Reactions: jdto and StratCat

·
Registered
917 Posts
Also in Kitchener, Brickhouse Guitars

Brickhouse Guitars – Fine Acoustic Guitars. Sales & Service

Bet you’ve never played a Furch!
Brickhouse is the North American distributor.

I had never even heard of them until i went in to check this shop out. Very impressive guitars. Great owner; my son and i spent an hour in the shop chatting with him and playing almost every Furch. Only other dealer in Canada i know of is Bluedog in North Van and they get their Furch guitars from Brickhouse.

If you want to see something you can’t almost anywhere, go to Brickhouse.

Folkway carries the common Martin, Taylor, Gibson, and small ´1 off’´ Canadian lutherie guitars. If you want mfg variety, Folkway is your best bet.

Folkway will also likely have the $7k Taylor V-Class.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also in Kitchener, Brickhouse Guitars

Brickhouse Guitars – Fine Acoustic Guitars. Sales & Service

Bet you’ve never played a Furch!
Brickhouse is the North American distributor.

I had never even heard of them until i went in to check this shop out. Very impressive guitars. Great owner; my son and i spent an hour in the shop chatting with him and playing almost every Furch. Only other dealer in Canada i know of is Bluedog in North Van and they get their Furch guitars from Brickhouse.

If you want to see something you can’t almost anywhere, go to Brickhouse.

Folkway carries the common Martin, Taylor, Gibson, and small ´1 off’´ Canadian lutherie guitars. If you want mfg variety, Folkway is your best bet.

Folkway will also likely have the $7k Taylor V-Class.
I have heard of Furch from my time over on AGF but have never seen or played one. I will have to check them out.

Reactions: StratCat

·
Premium Member
17,332 Posts
@Steadfastly If you want to consider meeting me for a coffee, I will drive you around to Folkway and Brickhouse (and anywhere else locally that might be of interest) .
Do you know the date you will be here?

PM me if this interests you.

BTW...No problem if you are visiting family and/or friends in K-W and prefer to spend your time with them. I fully understand that.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Steadfastly If you want to consider meeting me for a coffee, I will drive you around to Folkway and Brickhouse (and anywhere else locally that might be of interest) .
Do you know the date you will be here?

PM me if this interests you.

BTW...No problem if you are visiting family and/or friends in K-W and prefer to spend your time with them. I fully understand that.
Hey, Greco, that is a very nice offer! I am coming in late on Tuesday, May 29th, staying at Green Acres in Kitchener and working with one of my franchisees the next day then packing up and going to St. Catharines that night. I will be back in Ballinafad (Georgetown area) the following week for a business meeting but I don't know how long it will be and if I will have time to slip over to K-W. Thank you very much for your kind offer. I will see how things are shaping up and if time allows, I'll contact you and see if we can at least meet for a coffee and/or a strum or two.

Reactions: jdto and greco
1 - 8 of 8 Posts