The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for tall pickup rings for a Les Paul. I know the Gibson historical are tall, but are around $50 for the pair, and the Dimarzio rings are tall, and are $5 each.
But where to buy them? Happy with cream or white. I have standard height rings now but I like the look of the pickups closer to flush then what I have now.

I'd also like to find a pickguard that doesn't cost $50 after tax. Allparts?

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks as I didn't see those before, but they are not tall enough. Looking for half inch tall bridge and 1/8" neck.
I do pick up parts from them, and it's great that I can.
I'm going to try Spaceman Music in person this week, maybe they can order in the dimarzio rings and an Allparts PG.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Ok, you made me check some guitars. I have an old LP that has a .47" high ring , so they are out there. It's a very old Japan plywood model LP with aftermarket pu's. My other LP's are closer to 3/8" and frankly my Epi LP Studio bridge pu looks like its well extended out of the ring. I'd not really noticed before.
You could be starting something. I would agree that covered pickups probably look a little cleaner with a well matched ring. Stewmac has a tall ring goes to 7/16" at back edge.
I'd try search "7/16" rings on ebay and compare for shipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts