The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
This is just a sidenote -

More often than not, I hear cover versions of songs long before I hear the original version. I have worked with allot of top forty cover bands over the years, but I never listen to top 40 radio.

Lately it has been Michael Boob-lay. I've never heard of him, yet I've worked with two bands that make good money doing a whole set of it. Not my thing really, so I am in no hurry to hear the original versions.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Megadeth - These Boots
Ah but this is already a cover! The question becomes, do you like the original... :D

I think it was written by Lee Hazelwood in the mid-60's, if memory serves... And the most recent cover - Jessica Simpson. (Is there a smiley for "gun held to own head"?)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Great Question

Wow, just so many to choose from .... Well, here goes .... Crossroads by Cream, Going to Chicago by Paul Butterfield, The Thrill is Gone by Aretha Franklin, Red House by Jimmy Thackery or Alvin Lee, All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix, You Really Got Me by Van Halen, Baby Please Don't Go by Them, I am A King Bee by the Rolling Stones and Johnny B. Goode by Johnny Winter to name just a few.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Love Hurts - I originally heard it by Nazareth but many have covered it, including Elvis Costello and Emmylou Harris

Goodbye - Steve Earle and Emmylou Harris.

What can I say, I'm a folkie at heart. :smile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts