The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the closest kit I could order and build that is similar to a Pro Jr?

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You could also check Allen Amp's site. I built one of their kits back in the early 2000's and it was excellent.
I could give it a try, I was after the Sweet Spot a couple of years ago but my needs have changed. Oddly, Nik from Ceriatone suggested his Princeton clone to me.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know of any classic Fender amps that were similar in sound to the PJr.
The Pro Jr had a little Tweed sound to it, a 5E3 perhaps? Different in the physical sense but crossed over a bit sound wise, unfortunately I've built that already.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
The Pro Jr had a little Tweed sound to it, a 5E3 perhaps? Different in the physical sense but crossed over a bit sound wise, unfortunately I've built that already.
I've read that the Pro Jr. Is closest to the Tremolux circuit than anything else. Also similar to the 18W Marshall.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
I've read that the Pro Jr. Is closest to the Tremolux circuit than anything else. Also similar to the 18W Marshall.
That's a good idea. Lots of 18W Marshal kits out there @vadsy , same power tubes, similar sound.

Edit: I have a 6G3 Brown Deluxe built if you want to play through one Vadsy. Amp is done, cabinet is not finished yet.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the offer @Lincoln, I may take you up on it. I don't know which direction to head as my tastes have changed over the years but I've been looking for a new project for some time and I know that I no longer want it to be a Princeton.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For what its worth, I have built both a Tweed clone and a Marshall Clone from the Trinity Kits and cannot say enough about both the quality of the kit and of Stephen at Trinity for C/S........I am now looking at their small 5Watt to keep me busy for the next few weeks of snow!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts