The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And that person is Joel from Chase Bliss Audio

"t's not every day you get to meet one of your heroes. This is Mark Hammer: author of over 40,000 informative posts on various DIY pedal sites/forums. I've probably learned more about electronics from this guy than anyone, and he's one of the most generous and gifted teachers/writers I've ever met. This man is a legend."

·
Registered
24,660 Posts
Awww, jeez. NOW I'm blushing.

The dinner where the pic was taken was TOO much fun, and emblematic of just how much cameraderie there is in the pedal biz. Joel is a wonderful guy. Curious about all the right things, and a speedy and devoted learner. AFAIC, he's the one who deserves all the praise. I look forward to the future of his product line.

·
Registered
24,660 Posts
I believe that's Zack, who works with Joel at Chase Bliss. That would be him on pages 58 and 59 here: Gearphoria Volume 5, Number 2 or at least the back of his head. We were all heading out after dinner, and Joel said "I gotta get a picture". Zack was waiting on the other side of the glass partition. I think there is also one with me, Joel, Steve Bragg, and Guillaume Fairfield, though I have no idea who is in possession of it.

But yeah, it does look kinda weird, eh?

Incidentally, I was entirely unaware of this on-line magazine Gearphoria. Lots of interesting interviews and shop tours. Here's the shop tour and interview of Steve at Empress: Gearphoria Vol 1, No 1

·
Registered
24,660 Posts
Thanks, gents.

Brian, it occurs to me that your "little" girls, that came to tea with you and your wife, are likely now surly teenagers. Aye caramba! Much strength to you brother. Remember, this too shall pass.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I appreciate greatly everything you contribute to this forum and to my personal knowledge base Mr. Hammer. You certainly deserve any recognition you receive. You're basically a cult hero at this point IMO!

Congrats on everything.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thanks, gents.

Brian, it occurs to me that your "little" girls, that came to tea with you and your wife, are likely now surly teenagers. Aye caramba! Much strength to you brother. Remember, this too shall pass.
Teenagers both. 15 and 18. God help me.
B

·
Registered
24,660 Posts
And when that help arrives, it will come in the form of "It's a healthy baby", "I finally paid off my school loan", or "We burnt the mortgage today, dad", or something equally comforting.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts