The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my amp is on repair, I can't test my new effects. I bought a Free Fuzz and a Boss OC-2! I want some suggestions of the chain I can build with my effects. Here's the effects I have:

Radial Tonebone Classic Distortion
GoudieFX 808+
BBE Free Fuzz
EHX Holy Grail
EHX The Worm
Dunlop High gain
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss OC-2

I want a old rock settings like black sabbath or Led Zep! Thanks for your suggestions! :rockon2:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
It's all preference but I'd probably go something like:

Guitar --> Dunlop High Gain --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Radial Tonebone Classic Distortion --> GoudieFX 808+ --> BBE Free Fuzz --> Boss OC-2 --> Amp

FX Send --> EHX The Worm --> EHX Holy Grail --> FX Return

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your suggestion! I'll try it for the first part, but for the second, I can't 'cause I have no effects loop! Should I put the worm and holy grail after of before the distortion/drive/fuzz or after?

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Thanks for your suggestion! I'll try it for the first part, but for the second, I can't 'cause I have no effects loop! Should I put the worm and holy grail after of before the distortion/drive/fuzz or after?
After the OC-2. Dist/Fuzz/OD > OC-2 > Worm > Reverb > Amp. Is what I would do.

How do you like the Tonebone Classic? I have one as well. I love it. I use it with my Yamaha Magicstomp. Together they sound absolutely amazing. The Magicstomp was well worth the $100 I paid for it. I've pretty much sold all of my modulation and delay effect - except my DD-3.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The only thing i would strongly suggest is the OC-2 first, i had an OC-3 and experienced some tracking issues with it so it's best to have it near the beginning before any modulation and other pedals that effect your sound.

I like the sound of distortion going into most effects but it's all just a matter of personal preference and experimenting with what works best, i change the order of my pedals on a monthly basis.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll play with that during my vacantions! For th the Tonbone Classic, probably the best distortion I ever try for the rock things! Not the best sound for the big metal but if you are looking for black sabbath sound it's really great! I like the pick response of the little beast! Prefer that one over an Boss distortion and the rat!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts