The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,593 Posts
I didn't realize Gibson still sold amplifiers!

I'm sure they are very affordable too. Do they ever sell any? ;)

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
If the 2019 Special is as nice as my 2016 Japanese market Special, it will be a very nice guitar and Gibson won't have a problem selling them.

·
Registered
12,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't realize Gibson still sold amplifiers!

I'm sure they are very affordable too. Do they ever sell any? ;)
I've played a few of their used smaller offerings and they sound pretty good, not sure about pricing but the vintagey Gibson 'Champ' sitting at L&M a while ago was a lot cheaper than the Fender version.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I saw an ad pumping the new Explorer. Looked the same as the 2018 model. Someone rumoured there may be some Korina models revealed at NAMM.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've played a few of their used smaller offerings and they sound pretty good, not sure about pricing but the vintagey Gibson 'Champ' sitting at L&M a while ago was a lot cheaper than the Fender version.
Oh wow. I thought they were all branded Gold Tone. Are these reissues of the 50s and 60s amps or new designs. Those vintage ones are substantially vheaper than Fenders of the same era. They also.sound bad ass. Jim Hall held onto his (can't remember the model but it was the one that had 1 10 and 1 12 inch speaker) until he died I think.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Poor Gibson. Between a rock and a hard place.

Half the players want them to succeed in spite of themselves, and the other half want them to fail because of it. Damned if you do, pass the popcorn.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
The SG w/Maestro is $2,000 US. A regular new Standard is $1,500 US and Maestro models are typically only $100 more, so that doesn't really add up.

My wallet's thankful that nothing on that list interests me.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts