·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoy.

·
Registered
14,591 Posts
Watched it before--some cool moments there...

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Really enjoyed this. Wow, Patrick Simmons from the Doobies can really play. Refreshing to hear so many good players and actually playing music and not just shredding away.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You like JB did at the beginning?
I can't even listen to players just wanking without chords any more.
You like JB did at the beginning?
I can't even listen to players just wanking without chords any more.

I feel the same way. They have talent but IMHO I don't find stuff like that all that musical. I liked Lawrence Juber, Albert Lee and Sarah Rogo.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Some of that acoustic stuff makes me want to give up the guitar. Its ridiculous how good some acoustic players are.
Yet, JB makes a fortune copping other guys licks and has not written one hit song.
I can't even watch youtube demos any more as they are all just guys wanking.
If I want to hear how an amp sounds, I need cords. All amps and pedals sound pretty much the same for leads anyways.

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
If I want to hear how an amp sounds, I need cords. All amps and pedals sound pretty much the same for leads anyways.
Me too. An electric guitar and an amp are kind of quiet with the cord connecting them together.;)

S0rry, Jim, I just couldn't resist.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Judging by your user name, your statement could work if you were either:
a) High
or
b) Deaf

So maybe in your place, a cord connecting a guitar to an amp might not produce any sound at all.

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
Since we're beating dead horses: I just don't know how you play a cord. Perhaps you'll have better luck with a chord, capn.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts