The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Absolutely stunning Tele from Mario Martin. Mario has some of the finest luthier grade wood that I’ve ever heard. This guitar truly has that old wood clarity and complexity. Combine that with modern playability and you’ve got a MONSTER Tele. This guitar will eat most vintage Teles that I’ve owned.

Spec’d to the max with factory upgrades like:

-Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard
-AAA Flame Baked Maple quartersawn neck
-Tapered heel
-Top Binding

See photo of spec sheet for all details but note that the bridge pickup was changed to a Theo Dalhem Blackguard pickup. The spec sheet had the neck and bridge pickups mixed up... the neck pickup is actually a Fralin 2% Overwound. I also upgraded the pots to a set from a ‘66 Mustang, used a NOS Cornell Dubillier PIO capacitor. It ships as an Esquire but comes with the original neck pickup, pickguard, and wiring harness. Original deluxe Mario Martin padded gigbag included as well as factory paperwork.

I'm firm on my asking of $3850 CAD - plus shipping if needed. To order from Mario you’re looking at nearly $5500 CAD. Plus shipping and all of the CITES headache.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Still available, forumite flaked out after giving me his word and stringing me along for two days.

·
Premium Member
2,039 Posts
Still available, forumite flaked out after giving me his word and stringing me along for two days.
That's a super drag. I frickin' hate it when that happens.
All we have here on the Forum is our trust in each other. when that fails it's very disappointing.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's a super drag. I frickin' hate it when that happens.
All we have here on the Forum is our trust in each other. when that fails it's very disappointing.
Agreed. You expect it on kijiji, but not here. This is our refuge from kijijidom.

It’s especially frustrating because I had a better offer present itself after agreeing to do the initial deal, but turned it down because I’d already given my word.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I hope this wasn't me - I do have the odd "out of body" moment.

Yours in split personality - Dr. Edward Jekyll/Thomas Hyde

PS - speaking of Kijiji, I am meeting a guy from Montreal in Kingston tomorrow morning to sell him my J45 (as no one on the forum wanted it - boohoo!). I have since had a Kijijian from Kitchener and another from Ottawa inquire as to its availability. The ex-business lawyer in me tells me I should get them bidding against each other and sell it to the guy who will come to my door. But, as you said, I gave the Montrealer my word. I could blow him off by text and not answer his heated phone calls but that ain't the way my parents raised me. Goddamned honour!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.