The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure many of you saw I was selling that refinished 76 Firebird. Had a few bites on it but I also listed it for sale on a Facebook group of Sask gear sellers. Got a couple messages and one guy interested by the name of Jordan Cook. Name didn't ring a bell until I checked his Facebook profile and he is actually a fairly well known artist that goes by Reignwolf. If you haven't heard f him before check out the video link below! He is a super talented player and singer. He really wanted to use the guitar on the album he is currently recording so that is also pretty cool.

We ended up working out a deal with a trade and cash and he drove all the way from Saskatoon to my house in small town Carlyle. He jammed on it for a while and used a couple of my pedals. He was a fantastic guy and couldn't be happier that an amazing artist got the guitar. Thought it was a cool story so I wanted to share it with the GC fam!

IMG_1617.JPG

·
Premium Member
17,162 Posts
Awesome story! It's always nice when someone super enthusiastic buys your gear haha.

Reactions: tomsy49

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,191 Posts
All I could think when I seen the thread title was "Joe Walsh isn't Canadian, is he?"

Congrats if the sale and the new pal!

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ever see the short-lived series "Roadies"? He had a guest spot on one episode...

I hadn't heard of that show before but I did find that he was on there when I searched for more info about him. I'll have to check it out

·
Premium Member
4,202 Posts
I saw him as the opening act for Black Sabbath a couple of years a go.
Seriously, this guy was alone on stage and ripped the whole Bell Center!

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Good to see a upcoming canadian artists getting hooked up with good gear. I like his music, fuzz just gets you into that kind of groove!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
That's awesome. I saw him on Roadies and looked him up. Its great to see a guitar player with a different sound these days.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
This is such a cool story! I remember watching his cover of The Chain a few years ago. He plays a Firebird Mando in the video, perhaps he'll double-down on the Firebirds now when he does that song...

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No he didn't. He said he often plays pedals his buddy builds but more often than not it is a Germanium Fuzz of some sort.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Im sure many of you saw I was selling that refinished 76 Firebird. Had a few bites on it but I also listed it for sale on a Facebook group of Sask gear sellers. Got a couple messages and one guy interested by the name of Jordan Cook. Name didn't ring a bell until I checked his Facebook profile and he is actually a fairly well known artist that goes by Reignwolf. If you haven't heard f him before check out the video link below! He is a super talented player and singer. He really wanted to use the guitar on the album he is currently recording so that is also pretty cool.

We ended up working out a deal with a trade and cash and he drove all the way from Saskatoon to my house in small town Carlyle. He jammed on it for a while and used a couple of my pedals. He was a fantastic guy and couldn't be happier that an amazing artist got the guitar. Thought it was a cool story so I wanted to share it with the GC fam!

View attachment 135065
Just AWESOME!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts