The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would seem, judging by the amount of flags attached to cars all over the place that soccer has reached a new level in Canada. I personally would rather watch snails crawl up a wall.... but maybe I am in the minority on this one.

·
Registered
822 Posts
GuitarsCanada said:
It would seem, judging by the amount of flags attached to cars all over the place that soccer has reached a new level in Canada. I personally would rather watch snails crawl up a wall.... but maybe I am in the minority on this one.
Here in T.O. it's really messing with my daily commute. It does'nt matter who's playing, there's always a street party of team supporters blocking traffic. You can run over snails.
:D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
In Ottawa I guess it's not as bad as it is in TO. There's really no carflags or people partying in the streets after their team has won. I like watching soccer, and I'm a german supporter:food-smiley-004: but they probably aren't going to get that far, oh well.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
bucky said:
Meh, I'd rather see Rugby get popular over here instead.
YA!! RUGBY!!:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
14 Posts
about that soccer....

"I'm a (whatever) supporter:food-smiley-004: but they probably aren't going to get that far; oh well."
-----------------------

probably because their life doesn't depend on it!

It's not that players - of any persuasion - aren't as good as the team they're playing, but if you think of the Russians for example, their whole future depends on winning gold at the Olympics. Everything changes, for themselves and their families. Allowances, better places to live, other privileges. Us spoilt westerners don't know what sacrifice means, in a comparable sense. To us it's just a game, or sport, or our ego, or money, but to those who are 'without' EVERYthing, it becomes EVERYthing, and their passion drives them to win. To lose is something they can hardly get over. Isn't it amazing? Aren't you glad you were born where you were? Canadians? Aussies?

Ozi1

·
Registered
306 Posts
It also seems to me that football is quite popular these days...could have something to do with the World Cup, no? :D

nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

·
Premium Member
2,969 Posts
The World Cup tv ratings were higher in the US than the Stanley Cup playoffs. Of course I think dodgeball and darts get higher ratings in the US than the NHL. Another great reason to thank the greedy NHLPA..............

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
GuitarsCanada said:
Lot's of little Italian flags came out today. Did I miss something?
yeah i dunno man, there was a lot of people coming though the dollarama today with italian flags painted on their face
apparently italy plays on sunday:confused-smiley-010 maybe they won last night or sumthing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts