The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was listening to a Montreal's program yesterday.
Each week, four persons visits each other's house and they vote so the winner get 1000$.
Yesterday, four women (there are often one or two guys...) used the attribute "girly"...
So I wondered :
What would make a guitar to look "girly" ?
Do you own a "girly" guitar ? ;-)

·
Registered
18,593 Posts
Pink guitars are definitely girly guitars in my book.

Reactions: Kenmac and mawmow

·
Premium Member
18,838 Posts
I think bright coloured guitars are awesome. Even the Emily the Strange epiphone SG doesn't look "girly". Think of the 80's - neon pink guitars weren't girly, in fact it seemed to have the opposite effect.

·
Premium Member
5,486 Posts
I should mention I don't actually own that guitar. You find the weirdest stuff on google search without trying sometimes

·
Premium Member
18,838 Posts
Guitars are like Jeeps - some guys drive them, some girls have "silly boys, jeeps are for girls" stickers when really the Jeep is for anybody willing to buy one.

Since the creation of this thread I've been trying to think of what would make a guitar girly, but moreso why that would be a negative connotation.

·
Registered
10,237 Posts
I don’t think that the guys I know would really like this guitar. Who knows?

This guitar has 3 things going for it.

-bling Swarovski crystals
-Gibson
-Les Paul

I personally would of blinged my guitar out in bad ass black crystals using the silver to outline the shape of the guitar.

·
Premium Member
5,022 Posts
I don’t think that the guys I know would really like this guitar. Who knows?

This guitar has 3 things going for it.

-bling Swarovski crystals
-Gibson
-Les Paul

I personally would of blinged my guitar out in bad ass black crystals using the silver to outline the shape of the guitar.
Only adds what? 3 more lbs? What's three pounds on a guitar that already weighs 12.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts