The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...drop 1K on a Gibson 335? I'm trading some other stuff on it as well but...should I do it?:confused-smiley-010

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
If it is the 335 that your after and the gibson name then yes go for it. If your just looking for a semi hollow body guitar then I'd say go play some until you find what you like. The gibby will be more of a collector if that is what you like but there are some pretty nice semi's out there for a lot cheaper and there players... In the 70's I went shopping for a 335 and ended up bringing home an Ibanez Artist a 335 clone except it was nicer than all the real 335's in the store.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Jeff Flowerday said:
Historic 59' Dot?
Not sure if it's a Historic or not...what's the major difference?

The deal is:

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-65-Deluxe-Reverb-Combo-Amp?sku=480507) + Martin 000M Mahogany Auditorium (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-000M-Auditorium-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=514710&src=3SOSWXXA) + $1K = 2005 Sunburst Dot Gibson ES-335.

I had an Epiphone Dot and liked it...but I can't help my Gibson lust! Plus, the Gibson will hold it's value more than the other items.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Rex Lannegan said:
Not sure if it's a Historic or not...what's the major difference?

The deal is:

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-65-Deluxe-Reverb-Combo-Amp?sku=480507) + Martin 000M Mahogany Auditorium (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-000M-Auditorium-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=514710&src=3SOSWXXA) + $1K = 2005 Sunburst Dot Gibson ES-335.

I had an Epiphone Dot and liked it...but I can't help my Gibson lust! Plus, the Gibson will hold it's value more than the other items.
Seems like your paying a hec of a lot more then a thousand dollars for that Gibson. Not judging the deal but you should have presented it properly from the start.

·
Premium Member
5,110 Posts
Is that a store trade? I'd always recommend selling your stuff privately on here, or Craigslist or any other source before doing a store trade since they will give you the shaft. You can always get more value for your items selling them.

As for if the guitar is worth it, that's totally up to you. Personally I would be looking for a well maintained, broken in used one and trying to save a little cash if I was looking at a guitar like that. As for my personal tastes, I have played plenty of semi-hollows I thought were just as nice as an actual Gibson 335 and would be content with one of those.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
torndownunit said:
Is that a store trade? I'd always recommend selling your stuff privately on here, or Craigslist or any other source before doing a store trade since they will give you the shaft. You can always get more value for your items selling them.

As for if the guitar is worth it, that's totally up to you. Personally I would be looking for a well maintained, broken in used one and trying to save a little cash if I was looking at a guitar like that. As for my personal tastes, I have played plenty of semi-hollows I thought were just as nice as an actual Gibson 335 and would be content with one of those.
Yeah...it's a store trade and I hear you about selling privately, I've always done that in the paste. However, he's actually giving me a fair price for the 2 items and i will be getting my money back from them.

The 335 is an 05 in great shape. When I first saw it I didn't want to play it because I didn't want to have to deal with the GAS but my girlfriend persuaded me to try it...yeah, weird huh? Anyway...it had THE FEEL...you know the one...it makes your bones vibrate.

It's a lot to give up, but it is a good investment IMHO. I know it will hold it's value.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Rex Lannegan said:
Yeah...it's a store trade and I hear you about selling privately, I've always done that in the paste. However, he's actually giving me a fair price for the 2 items and i will be getting my money back from them.

The 335 is an 05 in great shape. When I first saw it I didn't want to play it because I didn't want to have to deal with the GAS but my girlfriend persuaded me to try it...yeah, weird huh? Anyway...it had THE FEEL...you know the one...it makes your bones vibrate.
It's a lot to give up, but it is a good investment IMHO. I know it will hold it's value.
Run back there and do the deal. If it's the one don't miss out for a few bucks.:DevilGuitar:

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well...after much debate...I'm not going to do it.

I've already got 'the one', so I don't need another 1 as one of the 1's will become 2. Maybe down the road...:rockon:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts