The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Californian wife finally took a good look at the climate chart for Halifax. Her immediate response was "Eek! How does anyone live there!". So we've cancelled our cross Canada adventure and decided to move to Mexico after all. August 15 we take a one-way flight to Guadalajara.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I took a trip to P.E.I. a couple years ago about the middle of July. The second day there the temp was about 25 C. Talking to a waitress in a restaurant she says, "Summer has finally come". WTF.

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
Well that's a bit of a turnaround! I would imagine the climate IS generally better in Guadalajara, but it's not so bad in Halifax. Of course, never having been that far south, I'm in no position to compare. Sorry we can't reclaim the two of you on this side of the border.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
Keep in touch

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
It seems you may have the ability to live anywhere in the world you would like. If I had this option, Canada would not even be on the radar.

·
Premium Member
17,331 Posts
All the best wishes to both you and your wife. It must feel wonderful to have made such an important decision and finally have a plan.

Please stay in touch on this forum and/or on the jazz guitar forum.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s a beautiful place. But I don’t think I’d feel safe living there.
It's like a lot of places: some parts feel safe, others not so much. The part of Guadalajara that we were in this winter felt very safe. There's no question there is some added risk and it calls for added caution but we were comfortable enough to walk all over the neighborhood after dark without ever feeling threatened.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All the best wishes to both you and your wife. It must feel wonderful to have made such an important decision and finally have a plan.

Please stay in touch on this forum and/or on the jazz guitar forum.
It really does feel good having finally made a decision. Sometimes it doesn't matter as much what decision we make as much as it matters that we simply make it. This was starting to feel like one of those. It's been a long time since we've really felt settled anywhere, probably since we left Oregon in 2013, and now we're at least going to try to make Guadalajara our home.

·
Premium Member
10,950 Posts
Well...the sun never sets on Guitars Canada, so you can remain a member no matter where you live.

No idea about Mexico, never been there, but Halifax is great. Mrs. Mooh would gladly leave Ontario for somewhere in the Maritimes. She loved PEI to the point where I didn't think she'd even come home with me, and she likes the Bridgewater NS area almost as much.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I don't blame your wife. I know mine wouldn't be happy there either. She has a hard time with our rainy months in April and November.

·
Premium Member
13,028 Posts
I believe I did warn you about weather in an earlier post. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
Good luck to you Jim.
Hope the move goes smoothly and the music scene is lively.
Please, every winter, send us a picture of the sun, just to let us know that it’s still warm somewhere.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts