The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:mad: But if the Humidex goes over 30C,......... NO. HATE Humidity. Here, when it's 28, the Humidex is 28.

However a sunny, breezy 21C is definitely much preferred.

·
Premium Member
28,362 Posts
I keep telling people that Calgary (and now Edmonton too) is "the future of weather".

There is absolutely NO respect for the seasons there. You can have weather from any season in any other season. February in August, and November in June. Doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
My name is Snow ... Jean Snow.

Haha ... when I joined the Sutton Ski Patrol 12 years ago (snowboard patrol in my case), out of 12 members of our team, there was already 5 other Jean and we were 2 new Jean coming in. So I said, better call me Jean Snow and the other Jean figured he could be Jean Ski. It stuck all these years.

Now when people hear someone calling me on the radio, they look at me funny. Took me a while to figure out why. Games of Throne's John Snow was why.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
I drove Grande Prairie and back today. From south of Whitecourt to Valleyview not too bad going up but coming home it was like being in a mid winter storm, and lots of cars and trucks in the ditches.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I drove Grande Prairie and back today. From south of Whitecourt to Valleyview not too bad going up but coming home it was like being in a mid winter storm, and lots of cars and trucks in the ditches.
Is there anything more Canadian than forgetting how to drive in snow every year and having to learn all over again.

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
Snow tires wouldn't have helped today, it was wet heavy stuff that made big slush piles that froze, yeah froze. I hit some changing lanes at speed and got my wheel yanked hard toward the ditch, but I was ready for it. At one point I made 2 attempts to pass a b train semi (4 lane divided highway) but gave up, there just wasn't enough room to avoid hitting the frozen crap towards the middle. 2nd time I hit it hard and was wiggling, knew not to hit the brakes but did bleed off a ton of speed before I was back in full control. I was behind him a while after that.

Fun times, I've been home 3 hours and am still tight from the stress.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.