The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually buy many pedals per year and I thought this time I want to try small/amateur builders...
see what's out there..if u build good quality pedals at a reasonable price then contact me...
I like Octave up fuzz
tremolo (love ehx super tremolo)
transparent overdrives
volume pedal

just to name a few....

norlinorm

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
I've got a Ross/Dynacomp/Janglebox compressor copy for sale . Burried in the classifieds now, but I can dig up the link if you're interested. Not expensive. I mostly build for me (I made a delay for one friend and a Vox Repeater for another as well as fixing/modding/rehousing other people's stuff), but turns out I am not a compressor pedal guy, at least not with my new amp (with the old one I found it useful).

Once I finish a project I'm working on I may have some OD for sale; not sure. Also have the Parts for a Klone (I've already built a few), RAT, OCD, and Uglyface waiting in the build queue.

Here's my current board. Starting from the right, that's a Klone (first one I built; subsequent ones are reg box size without those extra switches - they're not worth it). Skip 2 over and the Orange thing labelled "Vowelizer" is a Colorsound Dipthroniser copy (envelope filter with 4 selectable vowel voices + a mild but very usable fuzz). Start of the second section is my CE-2(B) copy which is just amazing. Skip the EQD and next is a Pearl OD-05 copy (really nice OD; soft diode clipping + a parametric EQ in front of that so you can dial in your OD voicing to your taste/to suit the instrument). Next to that is my copy of the twin delays I built (other one went to a friend; paint jobs on both by his GF); modulation on the tails (variable shape and intensity), instant oscillation footswitch and the sblack slide switch allows hard bypass or echoes ringing out.

One project I have had on the back burner is a mostly from scratch design - diode bridge compressor (dirty compression). Like a classic Neve studio compressor in theory, but tweaked to allow more dirt. Also looking at some very simple dirt pedals; a basic germanium transistor OD and darlington pair Fuzz (I got some neat matching NOS Russian NPN and PNP germanium transistors).

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Love that board. What was it before?
The board itself or the chain?

The previous chain was an MXR 10 band eq in front, vintage MXR Env Filter instead of the Voweliser; modern MXR stereo Chorus vs the CE-2 copy, Boss SD-2 instead of the Pearl OD copy, and no Boss delay . Kinda miss the SD-2.

The board is of my own design; scratch build. Wanted something with a ton of space (lotta stuff in the build queue) but maximum ergonomics as regards reaching stomp switches (no second row and especially tiers; not a fan of controlers - just makes for more wire/longer chain for no good reason) and maximum portability (it locks together to make a box a bit smaller than a Marshall head; about as long, but not as deep) . I have a second Cioks power supply, which can daisy chain mains power off the first (Cioks Link feature) that I haven't mounted on the second half yet so both halves can have their own power (less wires between them) and can be used separately as 2 boards (either stereo or share with a bandmate or guit vs keys etc) or together as 1 big one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts