The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently started learning ZZTop stuff that requires frequent use of slide.
Now, I am looking for a way to quickly access and put away the slide.
Kinda leaning towards steel and magnet attached to the guitar body or pickguard.

Tried nylon stand “hook” and headstock holder, also back pocket and strap pocket.
Not easy enough for my clumsines ;-)

Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,152 Posts
We need guitar player shirts with side access to the breast pockets. Maybe padded epaulets for comfort and cuffs that fold up and snap out of the way. Anyone sew?

·
Premium Member
10,926 Posts
I manage with my pocket, but I’ve experimented in the past with adhesive backed Velcro and magnets on slide and the backside of the strap.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I usually set mine on top of my amp, and keep a spare in my back or breast pocket. If I can, I'll grab it half a verse early. Toss it on the floor if I need to ditch it quick.

Will Ray's slide rings are an option I'm looking to try out.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I have recently started learning ZZTop stuff that requires frequent use of slide.
Now, I am looking for a way to quickly access and put away the slide.
Kinda leaning towards steel and magnet attached to the guitar body or pickguard.

Tried nylon stand “hook” and headstock holder, also back pocket and strap pocket.
Not easy enough for my clumsines ;-)

Any other suggestions?
The magnet thing works for Paul Gilbert

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
There was a guy at Riff Wrath a couple of years ago with a slide ring. I bought one and gave one to my dad. I don't play much slide, but it is sort of cool.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts