The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
you can click on lessons by 'legendary guitarist Dweezil Zappa'. WTF? Isn't his claim to fame his father?

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Actually there are some that prefer Dweezil to Frank, like me...........

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
and Dweezil took lessons from ???? Where does Slash fit in here, did he take lessons from ???? :D

·
Registered
561 Posts
Guys, you all realize that the only way to make $$$$ playing guitar is going to be helping corpos sell their wares.....cool pick slide, I think I'll buy the car:tongue:

I liked the Chicken metal band for Burger King better (especially when they pound out the Ronald McDonald lookalike)......anyway, this seems to be the new hot marketing thing and they won't have a limited budget.:eek:

and everytime one of us bumps a thread like this, some ad exec who's suit cost more than any guitar we'll ever own is banging down some sushi and licking his lips.

Andy

·
Registered
635 Posts
GuitarsCanada said:
I think those guitars they are giving away are like $45.00 at Costco.
Sure, but the cheap guitars aren't really the point of the ad campaign though. VW are advertising geniuses. Hell, you started a thread about it! :smile:

That guitar that Slash is playing looks great. It would be neat to play a quality version of it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
do I have to the first one to say it?

SLOPPY

why didn't they just put in a velvet revolver song. it would be way more popular

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yerffej said:
do I have to the first one to say it?

SLOPPY
The problem with pointing the finger at an iconic musician and saying that his playing was sloppy is that assy messageboard people like me might start asking you to post your own playing. And then we'll find out exactly how sloppy Slash's playing is. :tongue: :wink:

The only thing I noticed about the commercial is that Slash is starting to look a little worse for wear. He's got the hands of a 90 year old!

·
Registered
274 Posts
nine said:
The problem with pointing the finger at an iconic musician and saying that his playing was sloppy is that assy messageboard people like me might start asking you to post your own playing. And then we'll find out exactly how sloppy Slash's playing is. :tongue: :wink:

The only thing I noticed about the commercial is that Slash is starting to look a little worse for wear. He's got the hands of a 90 year old!
true that. I was comparing slash's playing, to slash's other playing. I can't hold a candle to that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts