The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Slammers are the import Hamers before Hamer started putting their own name on their imports to further destroy it. I had one along time ago that was called Hamer: Slammer Series. It seemed decent enough for the price, and that price was very, very cheap. It wasnt really anything special though.....................

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have a older Hammer Slammer series. It's not bad, it's a pretty decent guitar for the money. I don't know about the new ones though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
my roomate has a slammer strat copy. it's actually not bad. it stays in tune pretty well (even with whammy bar abuse) and played pretty well. a pickup swap wouldn't hurt, but considering i was expecting it to be a complete POS, i was pleasantly surprised

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I picked one up at a local pawn shop cause it was so cheap. It's a v copy. Got it home and cleaned it up. The neck on it is great, slick, fast, straight. I changed out the pickups and pots. It is actually a pretty decent guitar. The body on mine isn't plywood, more like a bassword, but it produces some great chunk, it's light and it's fun.

It's all about what you like and what feels good to you. It isn't about the name on the headstock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts