The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any regular Skype users here?
My wife calls her mother in Europe with it daily to every other day.

Skype has changed dramatically since about November 1st or so. (Mac users here)
I had to get a Microsoft 'account'.
We seemed to have lost all of our contacts.
The $14.00 they took from my VISA on October 30th is not showing as a credit in Skype.

This is so frustrating as no warnings/workarounds were supplied by Skype and/or Microsoft.

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
9,732 Posts
interesting...my company uses skype for business and I cant seem to login today after having yesterday off. wonder if its related to what you describe.

in my personal life, the rare times I do this sort of thing is with FaceTime on an apple device.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
My father was having trouble with Skype, had to setup a new account as his last one (the one we’ve used for 12+ years) didn’t exist in the system.
Skype has been gold for us here on the other side of the world from our folks.
The joke was at one time, the only way for us to get further away from the in-laws in Sydney Australia (we were in Ottawa) was to go north 300 kms!

Sent from my other other brain.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Dave I am regular Skype user on Mac.
They just released new version I think yesterday. It looks a little bit different but seems to work ok.

I am still using my Skype name - not microsoft account.
BTW bigboki is my Skype name - so if you want to ping there to help you (via screen sharing or whatever) let me know.

Skype for business - we are using at work and is such a piece of crap that it is amazing. Basically it is rebranded Lync and not skype at all.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I was skyping regularly with my daughter in Australia, but have been finding Facebook video chat works fine.

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
My boss skypes daily with her BF in Italy.

She loves it.

·
Premium Member
17,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was skyping regularly with my daughter in Australia, but have been finding Facebook video chat works fine.
We need to do computer to a landline.

As an update, my wife was able to talk to her mother using Skype this morning.

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
Dave, not sure if you use Facebook, but with FB Messenger you can video chat for free. It also goes straight to my phone/tablet. I've used it to video/talk with folks all over the world. For free!

·
Premium Member
17,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dave, not sure if you use Facebook, but with FB Messenger you can video chat for free. It also goes straight to my phone/tablet. I've used it to video/talk with folks all over the world. For free!
Can we do a computer to landline phone conversation? That is what is the most essential. It is to talk to my wife's 89 year-old mother.
Skype is working (so far) but we have to re-establish and reorganize our contact list.

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
Can we do a computer to landline phone conversation? That is what is the most essential. It is to talk to my wife's 89 year-old mother.
Skype is working (so far) but we have to re-establish and reorganize our contact list.
Not unless you can install facebook on a landline phone. :) . Sometimes I forget that not everyone has a smart phone or computer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts