The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@GCAdmin1, guitarscanada.com was down around the stated time for more than a few minutes, but I don't know how long as I don't (yet) have a monitor on the site. Would you please document the root cause for your members.

·
Administrator
244 Posts
Got some info back from techs.

I've mentioned in other threads that we are planning on upgrading the site to Xenforo 2, from our current Xenforo 1. We're still in testing phase and this was a hiccup as a result. They weren't testing directly here, but on another site that shares the same data server and we felt the ripple effect. Shouldn't have happened, currently unsure of why it did. If you notice any more drops in service, let us know and we'll try and compare instances and hopefully find the comment denominator.

That said, fingers crossed you don't have another example for me :)

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thank you. Transparency helps our sanity and your understanding of root cause (as far as possible) has a massive positive impact on reducing chances of same issues happening again.

You might consider an active site-specific external monitoring system per each site that you operate, such as Alertra or many many others, although at your scale you should probably roll or at least deploy your own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts