The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are the site moderators here on TCGF? Are some members moderators? How can you tell if so? Is the site administrator the one and only moderator?

Just trying to figure out how this site operates. That’s it. That’s all.
(IOW, thanks for not replying with an off topic tangent)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You children just don’t listen well, do you!

I asked for an answer to a basic question about this funny farm without any tangents (as if that’s even possible around here) and sure enough, no answer. Just clowns running around. Even one of them site “Officials” couldn’t bother to explain his own “rules” (or lack of) only allowing himself a “funny”.

But thru this noise, fear not other interested members, I think the question may actually have been answered: See, I think there really is NO moderator in this kindergarten. The kids are lose and many just run amok. This is a free for all kind of place. Membership has no moderator in its ranks. Are you kidding? Moderator. Schmoderator!

Some folks here would make excellent Moderators and we all know many of the patients here badly need to be moderated (better yet, medicated).

Anyway, off I go to a more mature crowd. See, my 5 young grandchildren are here for the week and we have lots to do. My oldest one, who is 10, is showing an interest in guitars. I have just the right size folk model for him. Should be more fun than this (well, almost).

BTW, can any of you comedians actually play guitar or are you just here for the “entertainment”?

You all have a great day, kids.

·
Registered
24,662 Posts
It was my understanding (or perhaps MISunderstanding) that when Scott sold the site, the new owner/s would scale back moderation to an absolute bare minimum. One long-time member, whose membership preceded my own, decided to leave the forum when that transition happened.

Some threads tend to be less civil than others. For the most part, those subforums focussing on gear are more "family-friendly", if occasionally imperfectly so. The biggest risk to civility is generally found in this sub-forum and the politicalsub-forum. Thankfully, the "In Memorium" sub-forum remains respectful....although its unlikely to be of interest to grandchildren.

When placed into the grand scheme of things, the boundaries of taste and dignity are tested less often here than on Youtube or even CBC comments. I'm not dismissing the OP's concerns. Just noting that there is a lot worse out there which requires less effort to stumble across. Having said that, SOME folks, despite their good-natured motivation, could stand to keep the posted images a little more "safe-for-work". Wink-wink, nudge-nudge.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Funny. When I first joined this forum back in 2010. I thought the place was rude and obnoxious. .. I was already on another group that was global not just Canadian and more concentrated to the music gear of my taste and never encountered rudeness or otherwise. ...

Unfortunately. That forum died overtime and most members are on other Facebook groups and are still friendly!

Have to say that after bloking a couple of members This places is more civil... but what happens when the thread will say 48 response and when I click on it will only get to see 4 !!! :D wow...:rolleyes:...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts